Lluis Martinez-Ribes este Associate Professor la Esade Business School, unde preda Inovatia in Marketing si Inovatia in Retail. Este consultant in companii din 25 de tari, companii precum: AbbVie, Asics, Bayer, Coca-Cola, Desigual, Zara, Ikea, Nestle, Sentosa, Pepsico, Heineken, Mercadona, Migros, Unilever etc. In Romania a fost prezent in 25 aprilie la conferinta Retail Revolution organizata de BIZ. A primit premiul Global Electronic Marketing Award in 1999, iar in 2013 a fost numit “Retail Innovation Expert”de catre Uniunea Europeana.
“Each morning, when I switch my computer on, I am extremely pleased that my job can help improve the quality of people’s lives in certain moments, for example, when purchasing”.
This is how I live my role both as an academic and as a team activator at m+f=! transforming businesses.
I do it by using latest-generation marketing, which includes neuroscience, digitisation, semiotics, psychology, sociology, and predictive analytics. This allows me to shape brands and customer experiences that please the brain.
I hold a BBA and MBA from ESADE Business school. I have also completed my studies at the University of Stirling (UK) with an MBA in retailing, and I’ve studied active learning methods at Harvard BS (USA).
I began my career as a consultant in 1976, and after 10 years of experience I accepted an invitation to join the business faculty at ESADE where I am currently an Associate Professor lecturing on the subjects of marketing and retail innovation.
During my time at ESADE, I have launched and led the Commercialisation and Retailing Department, and been Director of the Marketing Management Department (2003-2005) and Co-Director of the EMMS (Executive Master in Marketing & Sales, 2007-2014).
I have been a visiting professor and lecturer at the following institutions:
- SDA Bocconi (Italy)
- University of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- University of Edinburgh (UK)
- Emory Goizueta Business School (USA)
- University of Vienna (Austria)
- Skolkovo School of Management (Russia)
- KIMEP Business School (Kazakhstan)
- HEC (France)
- SMU (Singapore)
- Asebuss (Romania)
In all of them the participants’ satisfaction has been extremely high.
I participated in the Future Trends Forum, sponsored by Bankinter and I am a member of the Scientific Committee for the Channel and Retail Academy (CRA Bocconi).
In 2013, I was appointed as a Retail innovation Expert by the European Commission.
He has been speaker at various international conferences, such as:
- International City Retail Experience (Hoogeveen, 2018)
- Shopper Marketing in Russia: Trends and Case (Moscow, 2018)
- HTSI Guest Management Trends (Barcelona, 2018)
- In-Store Media (Madrid, 2017)
- Savant e-commerce (London, 2017)
- CES International Congress of Experiences and Services (Santiago, Chile, 2017)
- Retail Revolution Creapolis (Barcelona, 2017)
- Neuromarketing World Forum (London, 2017)
- Dominican Rep. Retail association (Santo Domingo, 2017)
- International Retail Congress (Lima, 2017)
- Winning and Retaining Customers Conference (Moscow, 2016)
- Shopper Brain (Amsterdam, 2016, 2015)
- Italian neuromarketing days (Rome, 2016)
- e-Tail Conference (London, 2015)
- TED xEsade (Barcelona, 2015)
- Neuromarketing World Forum (Bcn, 2015)
- eRetail Europe Conference (Amsterdam, 2014)
- 8th Global Brand Conference (Porto, 2013)
- Business Service Excellence (Singapore, 2013)
- India Retail Summit (Mumbai, 2012)
- ESOMAR insights (Brussels, 2011)
- ISES Global Conference on Service Excellence (Singapore, 2010)
All this has allowed me to work in 31 countries, always on selected projects to which I have fully committed.
I love team achievements and working together with other specialist — without forgetting big smiles.
I release articles, blog posts and book chapters frequently. My latest book cooperation was a chapter “Branding in retail” released in the book “The future of branding” (2015, SAGE edit). You can find some of my articles on my blog and my Linkedin profile.
I am fluent in Spanish, English, French and Catalan.
I can also work in Italian, and basic Portuguese.